Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Radio hosting duties

I may be a professional journalist but I am a horrible picture taker. How do people take selfies that look so good? Huh? I still don't even know where to look nor how to frame the shot at all.

Nevertheless, the hosting opportunities I had over the last couple months had to be documented.

I filled in with Dave Noriega on the Dave and Dujanovic talk show (9a-12) on November 21st and had an absolute blast. I found out later that they wanted me on again, but there wasn't someone to fill in for me in the newsroom.


I co-hosted with Tim Hughes one Friday morning on our morning drive, and got a couple nice texts from listeners in to the station account saying they liked me! I wrote back, "Mom? Is that you?"

I recorded "A Woman's View" for air two Sundays ago (a sample is here: https://kslnewsradio.com/category/podcast_player/?a=35055&sid=2001&n=A+Woman%27s+View+with+Amanda+Dickson)

I've also done the noon news a few times now. Here's my attempt at documenting that.




And you can hear a sample of the last noon news I did here: https://kslnewsradio.com/category/podcast_player/?a=35153&sid=2024&n=Utah%27s+Noon+News

3 comments:

autumn said...

You're Killing it and you're gorgeous!!!! And I just left a comment like it's 2011.

Rachelle said...

You always look so professional (and lovely) on air!

Sarah said...

Finally had time to listen to your links. You have a very good radio voice! Such talent!! And to think we used to share a locker together in High school!! You are awesome!!