Blogging about the Tetons reminded me I never posted about JB's June trip to Southern Utah (he got back the day my
sister Bekah came).
Ryan arranged the guys' trip to the Barracks and the Subway in Zion National Park.
They saw some petroglyphs.
And beautiful red rock and canyon scenery.
This is the Subway. I am told it is much harder and less popular than The Narrows, which I did a part of in college. They didn't see anyone else for the whole time they were in there.
JB says when they emerged on the last day, all dusty and bearded and hauling their backpacks, a whole group of overseas tourists at the popular part of the park were fascinated by their appearance. I think they thought they were genuine western mountain men! They took lots of pictures of the men, and when JB put his pack down, some tourists even came over and took pictures of it.
2 comments:
Loved the photos. And how did you manage to get a girl?
Oh my goodness, that's so funny!! And seriously, that is some of the most beautiful scenery in all of America, in my humble opinion. So pretty!!!
Post a Comment