Monday, March 21, 2016

Cooking goals

It's nice to find a recipe that people like -- nay, love. Be it my boys, my co-workers or neighbors, or my extended family members.  Recently for Richards family dinner I made a Caramel Apple Pound Cake. We've had it there before as made by others; this time James decided it needed just a sampling first on our counter after church. The sticker on his hand came from good behavior during nursery.


 I took three pictures in a row of his tongue getting closer before I stopped him.  And I cut out that tiny portion of frosting, don't worry Richards fam.

I mainly like to bake. Cakes, cookies, brownies, breads. I am extremely blessed to have a husband who is talented at cooking and makes dinner nightly. I mean, for example, if I set out to make spaghetti, I boil water in a small pan and add bottled sauce.  JB pulls out the larger pot (so boiling water doesn't overflow) and salts the water and stirs the noodles and makes a bolognese from scratch and grates fresh cheese for the top.

So, to any neighbors or ward members who are reading this, if you have ever received a meal from us after a new baby or death or illness, if it tasted good, it was JB.  I either tried to be his sous chef, or I kept Things #3 and #4 out from underfoot. Because anybody could cook so much more easily if they didn't have screaming children biting their ankles, am I right or am I right?

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

You are definitely right! The cake sounds amazing - can I have the recipe? Pretty please?