I was at the doctor's yesterday for my monthly pregnancy checkup, and do you know what was surreal and so nice? Referring to the baby as "she" and "her." I have had 11 years of boy pregnancies so switching the pronoun makes me pause....and smile. There was a time I never thought that would happen, even up until a month ago.
Do you know what is also really nice? Feeling better. Being at peace. Being done with old sadnesses. Being OVER it.
Feeling better again means I've had a month of making things for baby girlies in the family and neighborhood to give away, and of course for this baby when she comes in July. (She!)
I've made even more bows and clips since that picture. I learned how to crochet bonnets last year when I practiced making one for my new niece, and now I am doing that again. Still tweaking the pattern on the top, but here are pictures of some of the creations I have gifted:
July seems so far away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so happy for you. Been searching for my own peace (motherhood has been exceptionally difficult for me lately), and I found it this morning in the temple sealing room. So glad you found yours, too. S'marvelous, indeed!
Thank you so much for the baby boy gifts! I can't wait to give you a baby girl gift!
Post a Comment