Max and Ben eagerly await their jogathon every September, and this year's competition between them did not disappoint. The fundraiser involves us giving money, and the kids running laps to loud music and cheering parents.
Notice JB's high fives and high elbows in a good spot to see Max and Ben come round after their arms were marked at each lap.
I swear they each inflated the number of laps they ran, by finding another mark or dash on their arm. When Ben said he ran 28, Max upped his number, then Ben said, "actually I think I did 30" etc.
Incidentally, Andrew found a tiny snail on the edge of the school playground while we waited for Max's turn. He wanted to name it and bring it home as a pet, but we convinced him to let it stay in its home.
Now to the bread.
Some may remember my writing about my failed first attempt to make bread. My cousin sent me a great overnight, no knead recipe that I have made successfully ever since. It gave me confidence, and recently I made oatmeal honey bread with proofing yeast and kneading and everything like a real baker.
It took all afternoon but I am a proud breadmaker now. And last night I made artisan bread in an hour. Both of these recipes came from a neighbor who makes baking look like it ain't no thing. And you know what, it is nice to see a finished creation, no matter if it's crochet or cookies or Legos or what have you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That honey oat bread was to die for. So yummy!!!! Make it again please!!!
That bread was delicious!
Post a Comment