James is really just a bundle of fun. I am trying to change my language when talking about him, because, most of the time, he really is the cutest, funniest, sweetest 2 year-old. Other times he's a stinker and that's the word we most often say when talking about him.
For example, when JB took him for a haircut, he wiggled and squeaked and squealed. But that's to be expected, right? After each swipe he said "All done!" and tried to get down.
He looks so grown up now. Like a bigger boy. His hair was really long and curly. I think he feels cooler now, because he had been leaving a circle of sweat on his sheet after naps.
The two bigger boys are slowly getting used to the idea that school will be starting soon. JB did some back-to-school shopping and brought home new clothes; Max dug his backpack out of storage, and James decided he should do a fashion show.
We call this picture, "Napoleon Dynamite Jr."
Jamesy is doing much better at naptime and bedtime about staying in
bed and going to sleep without screaming or climbing out. We stick to
the exact same routine every time. JB jokes that James thought we needed
his protests as part of OUR bedtime routine: "Man, it's tiring entertaining those two. I know they love to cuddle me extra lots, so I have to let them know I'm ready for more bum pats and songs."
He talks a lot and talks all the time. Lately his most-used phrase is something like, "I want to hold it" or "I want to touch it." He's referring to things out of his reach, like the bigger boys' Lego sets or the car keys. He has set off the car alarm a few times -- and shocked himself by sticking the keys into the outlet. We've never had a boy quite like him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So funny that you posted this today because I came to the same exact conclusion about Griffin today. He *is* a handful and exhausting, but I think we all say it too much and put too much nevative energy his way. I don't want him to feel like he's anything other than loved and adored. It would break my heart if he grew up feeling like he was the "bad" kid in the family. Thanks for this post. It's encouraging to know I'm not the only one...
Post a Comment