What did you do by 8:30 AM this morning? I had already been reporting for 4 1/2 hours, and was done with my part of morning drive radio. And JB and our four sons had reached the top of Ensign Peak.
This is JB's old stomping grounds. It's steep, but it's an incredible view at the top.
JB sent me pictures from his phone of their journey:
"He rode like this nearly the whole way. Boy did he ever love the view of trains and the airport from up top."
JB wrote: "Didn't want to hold still for the picture. Andrew was very worried about
him falling off the top. Reminded me of Max in his concern."
And then, my favorite picture of all my boys, which is now my phone's home screen (replacing one from 2 years ago when the boys cuddled around a new baby James):
Afterward, they popped into Nona's house and got a second breakfast. I think it was a great time for a hike. The littles are often up in the 6 AM hour, and the bigs rarely sleep past 7 AM, even in the summer (they are still going to bed at just about the same time as during the school year anyway because momma gotta sleep). And it is getting so hot now in the afternoons, a morning hike sounds perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I think I had the whole crew fed and dressed by 8:30, but that's about all. I love those boys!
Post a Comment