Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sandlot



James's favorite getup before the weather started warming up. A hat, his blue vest, and a baseball glove.  One day he even managed to sqwuak-talk Max into giving him a baseball bat from the garage right before we all got into the car, and we were driving down the road and almost got bonked on our heads by his excitement.   So the bat went into the back of the car and James wailed for a minute.

JB calls James "sandlot" sometimes because of his recent obsession with baseball. He takes Ben's glove everywhere, even after Ben swears he put it in a safe place, making us all scramble sometimes before Ben's baseball games to find the glove. He throws overhand with his left hand, so if that continues I predict a major league contract in his future.

Recently, a friend came over and told about someone we both know who is pregnant and found out she is having a boy. She has a girl, and wanted another I guess, because she lamented, "I have nothing to look forward to."  Nothing to look forward to?!  I think she meant "I don't know what to do with a boy," but she said it to my friend, who has two boys, who said it to me, a mom of four boys.

While we were talking about it in the front yard, I was playing catch with Ben, Max was talking to me about Star Wars, Andrew was pretending to be a dragon, and James was coming up for a cuddle before wanting to be part of the catching game.  Boys are the best. They are fun and sweet and imaginative and just....perfect. I think that mom will realize it soon.

1 comment:

Suz said...

James is so cute! He so wants to grow up to be like his brotthers"