We, like hundreds of thousands of others, recently attended the open house for the newly renovated Ogden Temple for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A few years ago, we went to the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house in South Jordan, but the boys don't remember it.
Can I just say how amazing it was to see those crowds -- and hear that the crowds only continue, every day? I hope people were able to feel the spirit of the temple, and get any questions answered by the helpful missionaries there. I keep pitching it as a story idea to do in the newsroom -- "The crowds!"
My only complaint was how fast you felt you had to shuffle through every room, because of the long line of people behind you. I wanted to talk to the boys about why we build temples and my testimony, but I could only do it in bits and pieces that day.
Andrew wasn't so sure about the booties or shoe covers everyone had to wear to protect the carpets, but Max and Ben thought it was cool when I told them my family and I volunteered in 1997 at the St Louis Temple open house, and we spent hours putting booties on people there.
At the tent outside the temple was this statue of Jesus Christ. My boys were all smiling and making my heart swell with their sweetness. But I cut off the statue's head in the picture.
In this one I got the head, but James is ready to get down. That will have to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember putting the booties on the people at the St. Louis Open house. Good memories!! But I am confused I thought you had moved??? Because that was our senior year and that was the year you moved. Did your new ward have an assignment and that is when you did it??
Post a Comment