Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Andrew the alligator

Andrew often refers to himself as an alligator. So imagine his joy, when on his first day of preschool this month, he worked on the letter A -- and it was an alligator.


He carried it around for days, and took it to bed with him.

He LOVES preschool. It's more of a joy school, really. Five kids from our neighborhood and we trade houses every week, on Mondays and Thursdays, 2 hours each time. It's in the mornings at the other homes but in the afternoons at our house when it's our turn, so I can teach after work. I couldn't add one more thing to JB/Bishop/mortgage loan officer/dad/cook/cleaner's plate in the mornings,.

Andrew especially loves another little boy named Cory. He jumps up and down and yells "HI CORY!" every time.

I had my first day of teaching this Monday. I ran out of alphabet and number activities for these busy 3-year-olds and finally just let them play with our toys. Because, why not. And by 2:40 I was spent without my nap. And baby James wanted to nurse ("Are you feeding your baby?" came all the little voices).  But I look forward to tomorrow. They are the sweetest kids and Andrew is so happy to have this in his life.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Just call toy time, "self selection" like they do at all the preschools that cost money. :)

Brooke said...

I'm so happy he loves preschool and Cory! We love Andrew Alligator! I'm simply amazed how much you and JB do for others. You are an amazing person and have a wonderful and beautiful family.