Friday, March 14, 2014

Fun with babies

We have never had a baby Bumbo, just a kitchen sink.



This is baby James a few months ago, pre-haircut and pre-teeth.  Below is baby James last weekend, while I was baking a cake. Max was tasked to talk to him if I got out of arm's reach.


It's been a perfect place to put the baby while bustling about in the kitchen, as he has remained immobile. But now he's reaching and twisting and wiggling a lot more, so alas, this must end.

He acts fast. I turned my back, and he had scattered my yarn all over like a big kitten.


Here's a little piggy-back horsey ride. He liked it -- until he didn't.

I never remember Max and Benny carrying a baby Andrew around -- perhaps because they were ages 5 and 3. But now they are 8 1/2 and 6, and they always want to hold James and carry him.

He likes it -- until he doesn't. 

One of them asked me if they could hold the baby in church, so I handed him down the pew and put Andrew on my lap -- then the ear-splitting shrieks caused me to quickly take back the archy-backed baby and flee the room.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

What a great idea to put the munchkin in the sink while prepping dinner. Where was this post 13 years ago? We've never had a Bumbo seat either, and there were hundreds of times when one would have come in handy. Gosh, James is so sweet!!