Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mistakes

Mistake #1

Remember Andrea Rockwell?  Feast your eyes on this.



I was so convinced JB's little sister Suzanne was having a girl (she's due 3 days after me) that I started to work on pink baby booties for her. Unfortunately, I made them too big. Oh, and she just found out she's having a boy. Andrew modeled the too-big booties before I unraveled them and tucked the pink yarn away.

I find out what I'm having next Monday, and I had dreamed two nights ago that I had two ultrasounds and they both showed a boy. But one was done on my bed and the other at a vet. Then last night I dreamed I went to my ultrasound but fell asleep, and when I woke up they told me it was a girl.


Mistake #2

I found a yummy-looking recipe for foccacia bread that looked super easy, even for me. But my attempt looked like a burned cracker.  It was so awful I hid and cried and said, "This is why I don't cook!" The boys were all good sports and crunched away at it.  JB looked at the recipe and says it was written horribly.  Did you know you are supposed to put yeast with warm water first and let it sit for a while? I didn't.....

But I'm going to try again! I've pinned a couple easier looking bread recipes from Martha Stewart and Ree Drummond.  Be nice to me, ladies.

4 comments:

Caitie said...

I have a SUPER easy bread recipe for you if you have a dutch oven. I have used the ugly outdoors ones and the enamel covered one and they both work. Plus you can switch it up and add dried fruit, cheese or whatever. My dutch oven is large so I make a double batch and put it all in at once. I also don't do the taking it out of the bowl and let it rest thing, I dump it straight from the bowl into the hot dutch oven. I'm lazy like that. Plus no need to put the yeast in the water to bloom! http://simplysogood.blogspot.com/2010/03/crusty-bread.html

Rachelle said...

I blame all failed bread-making attempts on bad yeast. Feel free to borrow my excuse!

I can't wait to hear what you are having!

The Joe said...

I laughed. I could just picture the devastation. Love ya, kid.

Sarah said...

I had no idea that you didn't know how to cook!!! Now I know why JB does all the cooking!!!! hahahahaha:) Actually some bread recipes have you put the yeast in with the flour mixture....some have you put it in 1/4 cups of warm water to "activate." So....it was probably a BAD recipe to follow...so don't worry.