Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baking

Sometimes I daydream about baking. Ever since starting this dairy-free kick, I think about cheese as well -- big hunks of medium cheddar. I also think about baking with butter, cream and milk. Andrew is still congested so I'm not sure it is the dairy in my diet but I'll give it more time just in case. In the meantime, I will use substitites.

Here are 2 cakes I made in the last month before giving up the good cow products.

If I ever have to give up chocolate, I'm in big trouble.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Pretty cakes!

When I was pregnant with Ella, I was throwing up mucus all the time (gross, I know - sorry). One doctor suggested I give up dairy completely to see if that would help. I told her I would rather throw up all day long! But that was just my discomfort - I would give it up in a heartbeat if it meant my baby would be more comfortable. But it would be super hard!!! You're such a good mom!

Alaide said...

Mary you are making me crave chocolate! Yum! Chocolate cake mmmmmm *drool*. Some day Bridger will be able to tolerate it. I hope! I have a cake recipe you should try. It's for Irish Oatmeal Cake and it's delish! No milk:D there is butter but Bridger seems to do fine with butter. Maybe Andrew will too. I doubt it's the dairy that's making him congested. Bridger get's congested and I've been off dairy for 5 months. I think it's just allergies from all this spring time pollen. Anyway, The cakes look amazing!