Monday, July 20, 2009

Binks broke

Binks (Benny's nickname for his pacifier or binkie) broke tonight. He chewed right through the tip. He's been trying to suck on what's left but he is quite frustrated and sad. Since he's almost 20 months old, this is a perfect way to say good-bye to it. But it's bittersweet to hear him saying in his crib, "Binks broke. Binks broke!"

We tried to reassure him that he would be fine with his blanket, "night-night." We were shaking our heads from side to side, "mommy doesn't have a binkie, daddy doesn't have a binkie..." So he keeps mournfully shaking his head side to side while saying "Benny."

By the way I had a really bad Monday that is actually quite fun to write about now that it's over.

I changed purses (pictures to come of my bella borsa from Italia) but forgot to include my cell phone car charger. My cell phone was dying as I popped into an interview for a story at the U of U. I parked where I thought they told me to park. I came out and found a boot on the marked news car. My phone died, the boot was there, the car was almost out of gas so no AC in the heat as I tried to figure out what to do. Thankfully I was able to email from my laptop and my boss fixed it all up. She sent another reporter out to help me while she arranged things with the U to smooth things over with the frat boys who put the boot on my car. (They had a hand-written note on my windshield asking for 50 bucks by the way. Very professional.) Oh, and I had on red peep toe heels that, though cute, were hard to walk around in. My second story assignment was to check out graffiti at Ensign Peak. The monument at the top. Hiking was a problem. But at least my shoes matched my purse.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the story-about you-The UofU is not a nice place:)Glad all worked out. Oh and Ella still sucks on her binkie, I keep waiting for her to chew through hers, that is how we got Abigail to get rid of hers. But Ella seems to know to just suck and not chew on them. Next month, is the goal to get rid of them.

Lexie said...

Hey, when in distress, it is best if your shoes match your purse. You totally crack me up and
I'm glad the frat boys removed the boot.

cpace said...

Poor Benny, I know how much he loved his binks. Wouldn't it be nice if Emily could bite through her fingers and have to stop sucking them.

JoLynn said...

Next time call my office & I will come help you!