Normally the boys are great sleepers. 7:30 PM to about 7 AM. Ben wakes up once for a feeding but goes back down easily. Last night however, it was a different story.
Maybe it was the crazy thunder and lightening, maybe it was the crazy colds the boys caught -- again. But they had a rough time.
We are used to Ben standing up in his crib while holding onto the side a dozen times and squealing for help getting back down. It's part of our nightime ritual. But we are slower to respond now as he is learning to get back down on his own. For some reason last night Max hollered out each time Ben stood up. He's either an early tattle-tale or he was truly concerned about Ben's welfare.
7:35 through 7:50PM: "Mom. Mom! MOOOOMMMMM! Ben's standing (waaaaahhhh). "This sets Ben crying and Max crying even louder. I go in and lay them back down, 3 or 4 times.
7:50 - 8PM: (JB's turn) "Daaaaddddyyyyy, (sob sob), Benny climbed up again (sob, hiccup, sob)"
JB goes in and lays them both back down, says a firm "night night" and leaves. 3 or 4 times. Ben pops up immediately. It's his m.o.
8:05PM: Max realizes he has legs and climbs out of bed, opens the door, and sobs for us. I decide to bring Ben out to the living room until Max calms down and goes to sleep, then I wanted to sneak Ben back in.
8:06: Max realizes he's been left alone in the room while Ben is out of bed. He becomes so upset he throws up, all over the bed, himself, and a little on me.
8:20: He's bathed, has new sheets, a substitute night-night (blankie) but is still a little keyed up. So he sat on the couch while Ben went to bed and fell asleep almost right away. Later we sneak Max into bed.
3:25 AM: My alarm goes off. It's a holiday, I don't have to be at work, but I forgot to tell my alarm clock. Grrrr.
4:00 AM: THUD! I bolt out of bed as Max begins a siren scream. He fell out of his toddler bed for the first time, well, ever. I dash in there, scoop him up and take him to the couch but it's too late, Ben stumbles into wake-dom, spots me, and tries to stand up. Thankfully I was able to put Max back in bed and rock Ben back into sleep-dom.
6:45 AM: JB's alarm goes off. Tell the clocks it's a HOLIDAY!
7:00 AM: Both boys wake up, smiling and cooing, like they've had the best night of rest ever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Holidays just aren't the same once you have kids, are they? I hope you got a better nights sleep last night & every night from now on, that night sounds ROUGH!
Those poor boys... We were never that bad for our parents! Well, there was that one time I got my leg stuck in the bunk bed and was hanging upside down screaming in the middle of the night. It took Dad FOREVER to rescue me! And what were you doing while I was twisting around in pain and terror? Plugging your ears? Hiding under a pillow?
Um, hmmm. I either had a fit of the giggles or pretended to be asleep so I wouldn't get in trouble for being up late. "Girls! QUIET!"
Post a Comment