I'm going to try and go to the doctor today. My right foot really hurts. I think I did something to it running that 5k. I knew running was bad for you! But my foot really didn't start to hurt until Monday, so maybe it was my shoes I wore that day -- my new red wedge-heeled shoes I love so much that don't love me back.
Speaking of the doctor, the boys' ear infections are better! And the doctor's office visit wasn't quite as long this time. By the way Max now weighs 39 pounds and Ben weighs 17 pounds, 10 ounces. No wonder my back hurts all the time.
In an earlier post called "Some Observations," I wondered why doctor visits can take so long. Here's some insight from my mom, a Dr herself (a chiropractor. By the way I've never had to wait at my chiropractor's office. He gets me right in.)
"Answer to your question about why wait in doctors offices. Yes to all the reasons you have but I think the biggest one is in the way they schedule. There is a way to schedule that some doctors use that I hate. They will take an hour block and schedule how many patients they want to see in that hour say four, six, eight etc.They leave time before lunch to catch up and time at the end of the day to catch up. All the patients for that hour are assigned the same time to come in. Some will be early, some will be late.. So the first to come in for their appointment gets called in first etc. In the meantime, you have the talkers, who have made the doctor late. ( i once had a dr who wouldn't shut up.) any way they do that because then the doctors won't have to wait but can keep on going. I had another doctor that it didn't matter what time your appointment was she took first come first serve so if you didn't want to wait all day you got there at 7:30 am and lined up in the hall before her door. I would usually be first in line and seen then able to leave long before my scheduled 1 pm appointment. LOL. Love MOM"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So Ben has gained 7 ounces in 2 weeks? That's a half ounce every day. At that rate he will weigh 25 pounds by his 1st birthday. Just random mathematical musings! I hope your foot feels better :(
I think it is hilarious that your mom used LOL!
I think she texts a lot -- gotta keep up with the teenagers living at home.
Post a Comment