Sunday, July 16, 2017

Slurpees, Cows, and Basketball

It wouldn't be July without some freebies!

On 7-11, JB took 3 boys and 1 girl to get free 7-11 slurpees.  Max was at basketball camp and I was finishing up at work.


Millie climbed into Ben's lap to get closer to the cold goodness.


Max got his free slurpee after his camp was over at 4, and Millie did the same thing to him in the kitchen -- climbed right up to beg for a taste.

The same day, Chick-Fil-A was doing their dress up like a cow promotion. I stuck spots on the boys' clothes and ears on a hat and bells around their necks. I wore a brown cloaky thing from cousin Aaron's Jedi birthday party last year. I know the Chick-Fil-A cows are black and white, but, I say, How Now Brown Cow.

I only grabbed a picture of my two littlest bovines.


Andrew proclaimed to everyone that, "My mom makes milk for our baby, so she is like a cow!"  Oh boy.  Anyway, the kids got 6 piece chicken nugget meals, although 9 year old Ben was hungry still. I should have picked the sandwich for him.  I bought two other sandwiches to bring home to JB and Max after bball camp.

I remember my younger brothers all being very hungry growing up. These boys of mine are constantly asking about a snack, all day every day.  JB took them to all-you-can-eat recently. Here is his caption to the picture he sent me while at work (Millie was asleep in the carseat under the table)

"Took these kids to lunch at Braza Grill on an expiring City Deal.  Can you guess which ones were in hog heaven?"



Summer wouldn't be complete without the Jazz Summer League basketball.  Max and Ben and JB watched 6 games over 3 days together.


This picture was taken July 3rd. Max is wearing his Gordon Hayward jersey, and Ben has the remnants of the upkeep of his Gordon Hayward haircut.  On July 4th, Gordon Hayward announced he was leaving the Jazz.  There were tears at our house.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! "My mom makes milk for our baby, so she is like a cow!" That is hilarious!!!! Don't you just love those public announcements?